We think the dust has settled. You can continue to use this URL to access our OLab3 demo server:
We apologize because the transition was not nearly as smooth as we had hoped. We have copied all of the case information, media files, user identities etc from the old server to the new one.
We have repointed the https://demo.openlabyrinth.ca/ URL from the old server to the new one so that outside references to your cases should now work as before.
We have left in place the URL https://mvp.olab.ca/ to point to this same server so if any of you have altered your links and references, these should still work.
Phew. A lot of fuss for something that should have happened invisibly. Sorry that it did not but this resulted from a lack of resources at UCIT, who have many other things on their plates just now.
The move was successful!
You can now find your cases and scenarios at https://mvp.olab.ca
We also moved all the user credentials, groups, logins etc over at the same time so you should be able to login using the same username and password as before.
The forgot-my-password link now works again, in case you need that.
All of the case/scenario/map names remain the same. Also the map ID numbers are the same as they were on https://demo.openlabyrinth.ca/ — this means that if you have a URL that points to a particular map or node, it will almost work. Map IDs and Node IDs are unchanged.
Remapping a URL
If you have a URL in an external file, such as a Moodle Course or a WordPress page, you may need to edit it to point to the new site e.g. for the well known ‘Welcome’ case, instead of…
…it will now be at https://mvp.olab.ca/renderLabyrinth/index/5
We are working with UCIT to reassign demo.openlabyrinth.ca to this new server so that the original URLs will work. We are not sure how long this will take for them to implement. Please contact us if this is creating problems for you.
Sorry everyone for the inconvenience. We have been having issues with the server at https://demo.openlabyrinth.ca for a few weeks now.
We will need to switch to a more stable server – this will probably happen on Monday 5 DEC 2022. We will post the new server URL at that time.
In the meantime, what to do?
- You can continue to use https://demo.openlabyrinth.ca until Monday.
- The forgot-my-password link on that server will not function properly. (It will say that it will send you a link but that will not be sent.)
- We will copy the data files from https://demo.openlabyrinth.ca to the new server on Monday. This means that…
- Case materials and edits on https://demo.openlabyrinth.ca should still be carried over
- User account details will remain the same
- Session data (who played what when) will be carried over.
- The server at https://demo.openlabyrinth.ca/ will be running more slowly because of these internal problems.